Immunization & Vaccine Community
Vaccinations or not? IMPORTANT!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Vaccinations or not? IMPORTANT!!!!

Mamas, I have always thought I'd be vaccinating my child without a question. I mean, it's not often like circumsicion where you give at least a moment's thought.people don't quite discuss or question vaccinations. Frankly, I didn't either, Until I got into a heated discussion with a colleague about whether or not to vaccinate. She was against it....and I was for it. So today someone sent me this link out of the blue, and for once in my life I'm kind of not sure what to do for my baby and future kids when it comes to vaccinations! Please take sometime to watch the documentary/film at the link below (at least watch half of it). It's being offered free for the next 5 days. After watching it, I really think it's worth us mamas to talk about at the very least: http://www.boughtmovie.net/free-viewing/

Please share your views...
Vaccinate your children. It is in their best interest and everyone around them. If you don't, they will more than likely get every illness thst those vaccines are supposed to prevent. There are no negative side effects to vaccines. It is just common sense honestly.
Some ppl are so convincing about things that u know isn't right. Please vaccinate ur baby. Always. If u don't ur child will get horrible diseases that are definitely fatal. If u don't agree with someone's pov don't discuss it with them. It's ridiculous for ppl to not vaccinate their kids.
That's not true @dani
My boyfriend and his entire family has never been vaccinated and never been sick everr. They are very very healthy.
Bump
Do what you feel is right. If you want to go for it but don't let anyone else change your mind. Remeber it's your kid your choice.
http://www.voicesforvaccines.org/growing-up-unvaccinated/

Please read this. I'm not going to get into a debate with anyone but you are not only putting your children at risk but also the rest of the population. Especially babies who are too young to get those vaccines
I Am Thinking Of Not Vaccinating My Baby As well
I've been debating this in my head because of all the negativity around vaccinating lately son is 3 and he's had all his shots.. The only times I've taken the flu shot is during pregnancy but I don't do shots that aren't mandatory. My thoughts are look at how far science has come. People are living a lot longer because of the development of vaccines that make some diseases nearly nonexistent! Not sure how the schools systems work between different states or anything because my son isn't of school age but I know growing up kids needed to get mandatory vaccines to attend school. There's always a chance of a negative reaction to a vaccine but I'd say the benefits outweigh the risks. My son's doctor would always tell me to wait around for 15 minutes after his vaccines to make sure he didn't have a bad reaction and he never did.
For them who dont vaccinate  and go around saying this person hasnt vaccinated and there never been sick well you can thank the people who are vaccinated around them thats the reason they have never gotten sick. Im all for vaccination yes i dont like it but we live in a world full of diseases and diseases which are slowly reappearing because parents are choosing  not to vaccinate.
I have a family member who was all against vaccination, sadly the baby got really sick, did make it, but it could have been prevented with a simple vaccine, after they still chose to not vaccinate, now she will be starting kindergarten this year and no school will take her without her vaccines, and the mom is not up for home schooling her, who knows what will happen. You can be the healthiest person and still get sick, all my children are vaccinated, never been sick and I pray to God they stay that way
My boyfriend was skeptical about vaccinating our baby girl because his whole family (9 kids) havent been vaccinated. We both agreed we didnt like the idea of pumping our newborn with so many chemicals in a short amount of time. We compromised by choosing to spread out the vaccinations as much as possible while still allowing it to be effective. Talk to your doctor if thats something youre interested in!
It's true if a few are not vaccinated but are surrounded by most that are then they don't get sick but if more and more choose not to then that border will thin out greatly.
Someone once said that not getting your childs shots done is only true for the wealthy.
Which is kinda true, if you can afford to not get the shots more power to you.
You can take your child to schools that allow that.
But for the moms who are a little more living in reality like needing day care and public school, getting shots is simple and not an option to debate
I think every child should be vaccinated..here no school or creche will enroll any child without proof of fully up to date vaccinations and rightly so,i dont want my children being put at risk because other parents irresponsabilty...my doctor told me kids that arent vaccinated and get the likes of measles or rubella will get so much more ill than kids that are vaccinated..i wont put my kids at risk of any illness that can be prevented
I never saw vaccines as an option and I still dont. My 2 kids are fully vaccinated and my unborn will be as well once he is born. My second child has health problems and a couple of his vaccines had to be push back bc of his conditions, only by a couple weeks. Herd immunity should be only for those too young to get certain vaccines or kids lime my son that couldn't get vaccines on time due to health problems beyond their control. I am not a fan of the anti vaxxer movement
My 3 boys are vaccinated as was I and my husband. If you do not want to vaccinate well then don't. I hope you child is never exposed to any of the diseases that can be easily prevented or the impact lessened with a vaccine.
It is extremely important to vaccinate your kids, parents who don't create a serious danger to societal health. Herd immunity is there to protect those who are unable to be vaccinated, either because they are too young or have a medical reason eg undergoing chemo. This only works when there is a high percentage of vaccinated people in the community. The diseases that vaccines prevent are deadly, it is shockingly selfish to reduce the protection that the herd immunity would give to those vulnerable children. Please don't let awful scare tactics from anti vaccination groups spread fear of one of the huge leaps society has taken to reduce infant mortality rates, the alternative is just unthinkable.
I see increasing cases of old illnesses appearing because people are not vaccinating their children, embrace mordern medicine people, it saves lives!
It's nice to ser women with their heads screwed on straight here. I was called a bad mother because I am vaccinating. Babies and kids that have their vaccinations are reasons why babies too young, ones that can't because of various reasons, and ones whose parents are too silly not to vaccinate don't get sick. It's very important to vaccinate your baby...I have been super worried because of the recent measles outbreak and where we live since babies can't get the measles vaccine until they are one...and all the people out there whi refuse vaccinations, it's scary.
Mama, do your own research and make the best decision  you can.  This is a very heated topic for sure.  Remember, you do have a choice.  You can start with researching the diseases that are prevented and how serious they are and how they are treated.  You may search vaccine ingredients on CDC website.   You also may choose to do some vaccines, but not all.

Thanks so much ladies for all your insight! Great discussion, and I think it's very helpful!! I will definitely need to do more research on vaccinations required as some of you have suggested and possibly also go with spreading out the vaccinations! Thanks again!!
No definitely not.
Its the most unnatural thing that i've ever heard of.  None of my children will ever be "vaccinated"

Keep researching momma! Youll find your answers!
A vaccine does not prevent a disease.
A vaccine is a man made live virus of the exact same disease your all so worried about catching.
and then the idea is for the body to pre learn how to fight the it off.

Trust me, If we actually taught out children this so the brain and body new this they would get Very sick.
"But what you don't know can't kill you"

No way would I ever do that to my kids.