Verorab Rabies Vaccine in UAE
Hi Doctor

I am getting Verorab vaccine shots (got 4 of them already) in the UAE due to a possible exposure. My question is that how effective Verorab is and do I need to take any antibodies test to confirm that I have developed the required immunity. Also, is there any chance of the vaccine induced rabies due to any manufacturing error?
Hi!
Verorab is an approved post exposure prophylaxis for rabies. It is usually pretty effective and if it was a ‘by chance’ exposure, then you do not need to measure antibodies to confirm its efficacy. However, if you live in an area where you are at continued risk of exposure or your job profile is such that you are likely to be exposed again and again, then it is important to get an antibody titer done to see if you need booster doses. This test may be done every 6 months or every 2-3 years depending on your exposure risk assessment. Verorab is an inactivated vaccine, so is unlikely to cause rabies as a side effect. Please also discuss with your doctor.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Many thanks Dr. Kokil. Really appreciate your kind response.

Just a followup question if you don't mind. You said that the vaccine is "unlikely" to give rabies as a side effect. This means that although unlikely but still there is a chance for the vaccine to cause rabies. Also do the manufacturing companies perform sufficient tests before releasing any vaccine in the market? Looking forward for your kind response once again.  
Hi!
Verorab contains inactivated antigens or inactivated rabies virus. So, this cannot cause rabies. However, we use the term unlikely because strange things do happen. However, rest assured, the vaccine does not cause rabies.
Hope this helps. Take care!