Immunization & Vaccine Community
arv vaccination
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

arv vaccination

i have been vaccinated with ccv(inj rabipur) in 1995. now i have a rodent bite(rat).should i get vaccinated? if, what is the apt dose,0,7,28? why inj rabipur should not be given intramuscularly in gluteus?
Hi there!
Generally bites with rats usually do not require antirabies vaccine. You can take a shot of tetanus toxoid. Take care of the local wound and your doctor may prescribe you  a short course of antibiotic preferably  penicillin derivatives .Rat bite may sometimes cause rat bite fever characterized by fever with chills, rash and joint pains. It is better to take some good antibiotic to prevent it after consulting your doctor, ARV is preferably given in the deltoid region and gluteal region is not recommended because this area is rich in fat which hampers the absorption of the vaccine antigen and also interferes with the process of generation of adequate antibody response. Hope it helps. Do keep us posted.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Immunization & Vaccine Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank