Immunization & Vaccine Community
double dose of 12 month shots
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

double dose of 12 month shots

Hello,

2 days ago I brought my daughter into our family doctors for her 18month booster shoots.  The following am she was unable to walk.  she had movement but was not able to put any presure on her feet.  I took her into emerg and then received a call from my doctor who informed me that the nurse administered the wrong shoots and actually gave her her 12 month shoots for a second time.  

My daughter is now walking again however with a little limp.  I am wondering if there are any long term effects that may cause complications when given meningococcal vacine twice within 8 months of eacchother.  she also was given the previnar 13 shot for a second time which i was inform was a mistake.

Thanks,

Nicole
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
I am sorry to hear that due to medical errors your daughter received double dose of vaccinations. Usually previnar 13 carries the risk of seizures, so needs to be monitored. Meningococcal vaccine can be repeated after four weeks in indicated cases. So, a repeat after 8 weeks is unlikely to cause any problem.
The limp may be due to pain of the shots. If it persists beyond 4-5 days, please consult her pediatrician immediately. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
Some parents refuse this vaccine because of the possibility serious side effects.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Immunization & Vaccine Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...