Immunization & Vaccine Community
fever and skin rash after 18 month immunization
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fever and skin rash after 18 month immunization

My 19 month old son received his immunizations on Wednesday the 27th.  He received the H1N1, MMR, and DTaP.  Shortly after leaving the doctor's office he started running a fever of 104. I started giving him Tylenol and Motrin ever 4-6 hours as directed by the nurse.  The meds would only bring his temp down to 102.3 at the very lowest but it usually stays around 103- 104 (with the Tylenol & such).  My son has never had a fever during any of his immunizations and now he has a rash all over.  The rash bumps are small but very concentrated, that covers from head to feet.  It is now Monday night and nothing has changed. He still has the fever and the rash is even worse.  The on call nurses don’t seem to think that it’s a big deal and tells me to wait it out.  What do his symptoms sound like? Should I be concerned?  Any advice or help would be appreciated greatly.
Thanks,
Maranda
Tags: 18 month old, allergic rash