Immunization & Vaccine Community
hepatitis B prevention vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

hepatitis B prevention vaccine

hi,

i'm 22 yr old female. recently i tuk my first dose for hepatitis prevention vaccine. and i was askd to come back for my second dose aftr 30 days. and my third dose was to be given aftr 6 months from the second dose. but wen i went for my second dose the hospital was out of vaccine. i cudnt get it from anywhere here in maldives. so i stopped it.. is it bad or shud i be continuing it?? if i am to continue do i start from the first dose again?
You should go back to the hospital when they do have the vaccine available and continue with the schedule. You will not have to start again. After you get your second dose, you will get your third dose five-six months later. You must have all three vaccinations to have full immunity against Hepatitis B.  It might also be a good idea to get a Hepatitis A vaccination. There is a combination Hepatitis A and B vaccine and it is given the same way and same schedule as the Hepatitis B. First dose, second dose in one month and the third in five-six months.