high level of SGPT 145
I am 44 years old male.I was diagnosed Hapititus C 2006.Then i was taking treatment of thyrotoxisis (neomercazole).The SGPT was 55.    
I   have also the history of liver enlargement for the last 15 years.The diagnosis from ultrasound showed the openion of doctor as fatty changes.After one year treatment of Thyroid Gland the liver test showed SGPT 150. The doctor recommended interferone therapy and i took the interferon treatment for six month (one injection on alternate day).I completed the therapy but the SGPT coud not fall .It varried 140 to 150. The doctor recommended the pegilated interferone course.But the sideeffects of interferone threatened me and i did not start the therapy.Now a year has passed without any treatment,the SGPT is still 151 and SGOT is 120. It is also added that prior to starting the interferone treatment the tests also showed the gallblader stones and enlarged prostate .Presently  except the tirdness i donot feel any discomfort.Does the high level SGPT/SGOT show active hepititus C virus or there is some other reason of high SGPT.How it can be controlled.