Immunization & Vaccine Community
how long for gardasil to be effective

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

how long for gardasil to be effective

How long does it take after gardasil is administeted until it is effective? Does one have immunity after the first shot or does the vaccine require all three shots until it is effective?  
You should really research gardasil before you get the other shots. Its very controversial. If you google 'gardisil dangers', I would imagine you will find a lot of info..
The fact is that the person I'm dating previously had warts and was honest with me about it.  They were removed several months ago and have not reappeared.  Odds are that the virus may be cleared but I figured gardasil would offer some additional protection.  We have not had sex yet but was wondering if the same protection would be achieved after the first shot or should i wait until all three shots were completed.  I have read that the second two shots are more boosters but had trouble finding information.
I see what you are saying, but the Gardisil can bring on some really bad reactions and there have even been deaths.
Moxiemom has a thread in which she mentions her daughter. I think she would be someone that you might want to speak to. Her daughter is suffering terribly from the Gardisil vaccine.

take care,
MO
The first shot begins to offer some protection, more with the second and the third completes the series and is supposed to give you 'full' protection against the HPV types the vaccine protects against. Gardasil is supposed to give protection against 4 types of HPV -  the two types that cause 75% of cervical cancer and two types that cause 90% of genital warts. I would wait until you have completed the series so that you will have the full protection the vaccine provides.
Some people have had extremely serious side effects to this vaccine. I don't remember on which forum they posted. The vaccine has almost ruined their lives.
It is on this forum. It is posted by moxie_mom.