Immunization & Vaccine Community
is is safe to repeat vaccines for a baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

I left for vacation of a four month period of time. I went to a pediatric hospital in the foreign country for my baby's needed vaccines because I didn't know how much longer I would stay there. The nurse vaccine my son but didn't give me anything not even a note for me to bring back to the USA.
As soon as I came back. The didn't believe me so they had to repeat the vaccines.
I'm worried about the nurse not giving me a note that she vaccine my son and I'm also worried about the repeated vaccines. Please help
Hi!
I can appreciate your concerns. If there was a month’s gap between the two doses then it should be safe. Normally nothing will happen. The vaccination schedule is made according to the strength and doses needed to give the longest immunity (life long where possible). So, if there was an extra shot, normally it does not cause any problem, immunity wise. The child may have redness, swelling etc locally.
However, it’s best to avoid such mistakes again. Please maintain an immunization record yourself, so that the schedule is cross checked by you. Sometimes the mistake is made at the clinic. Always cross check with the nurse who is administering.Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.