Immunization & Vaccine Community
is there any harm of getting 2 times varicella vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

my daughter is almost 5yrs old now and i take her to doctor for her varicella 2nd dose but i saw her immunization card  there is not mentioned that she had taken her varicella 1st shot (on 1year age) or not and i also don't remember but now doc is saying she has not taken her 1st shot as it is not marked so he gave her 1st shot today and said after 4months we will give her 2nd shot .

now i am in confusion if she has already taken her 1st shot at 1 year age and might be doctor forget to mentioned in the card is there any harm getting two same vaccine.
I would ask for your daughter to get a titter test done to see if she is immune to chicken pox or not. If he still wants to get the shots done ask to space it out as much as possible.