tetanus
I have had tetanus vacinations as a child but none recently (last 10 years or so).  In February a dog bit my left wrist.  Whilst it did not bleed massively, it was fairly deep and has left an indentation and a scar to the skin.  over the last few weeks my arm has started to ache.  The forearm and upper arm aches constantly and it doesnot matter what i do it does not lessen the ache.  Sleeping is difficult and when i wake it has shooting pains the most.  I have been taking paracetamol wihch dulls the main but it is not going away.  Any suggestions please??
I assume you have taken Rabipur vaccine and tetanus shot after the dog bite. Dog bites can lead to puncture wounds. In such conditions bacteria get sealed inside the tissues. Indolent infections may take some time after the bite to actually start showing symptoms. Injury to the extensor tendons can also cause pain in the forearm. I will advise you to see a surgeon and get it checked. A clinical examination is very important. Do keep us posted.
Best wishes!
I had a tetanus shot and had the SAME symptoms as Pinklady! My arm hurt like someone punched it really hard where the shot was given for over a YEAR! it also swelled and got hot to the touch and red for weeks after! I did not have a dog bite. I had always gotten the tetanus shot and never had a problem, this shot was given FOUR years ago and today the injection site started peeling down into where the needle hole was! what are they putting in our vaccines is the question.