Immunization & Vaccine Community
tingling after swine flu vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

tingling after swine flu vaccine

Has anyone had any luck with any tipe of treatment....i have all these same problems!!!!!!
I am sorry a lot of people seem to be having reactions to the swine flu vaccine.  I have been in healthcare for quite a while and can tell you that tingling and other symptoms mentioned in the previous post are not typical side effect of the vaccine.

I had both the seasonal and swine flu vaccines without incident.  I know many people who also had the vaccine without problems.

I do not feel these symptoms that people have been describing have anything to do with vaccinations.
rnneedshelp, there is another thread that was started with the same heading as your under immunization @ vaccination. If you ask there you may get help. There are alot of suggestions being mentioned there. Texasgal... Just because you didnt get a reaction doesnt mean the stories pouring out here aren't true. Canada recalled a batch of vaccines because of adverse reactions. They DO exists. When I read your comment above it sounds insulting to these people who are going thru the same symptoms and it is far from coinsidental. Step in the lion den and make that comment instead of this thread. You can't say they are not typical side effects how would you know? Let's not shrug these people off as some medical professions have to hide  this from the public.
,
I am new to this forum and it was not my intention to sound "insulting".  This is a discussion forum and I was offering my opinion which happens to be an opposing one.  I was going to make a comment on the other thread (lions den) I was reading but I saw nowhere to post additional comments.  

I also did not say that I do not believe these people.  I can only imagine how upset and frustrated they are.  I do believe their symptoms are real just not sure as to what the cause is.  

If everyone had the same opinion it wouldn't make for a very interesting site.

It was NOT my intention to offend, only discuss.  If I did offend anyone, I apologize.

I think you are on the wrong forum - people here are looking for help, not looking to debate or looking for an  "opinion which happens to be an opposing one".

If you have nothing supportive to offer them, why would you waste your time or their's?
I think there are so many variables when it comes to who does or does not have a reaction (and how great that reaction is) to a vaccination. With the flu vaccines (as in many vaccines), there are many manufactures making the vaccine so the vaccine someone may get in the UK or Canada or even Michigan may be different in some way to the vaccine someone might get in Germany or Texas. Also some people are more prone to react to the various ingredients in a vaccine, i.e. eggs, latex, which makes it very important to read the VIS - the vaccine information sheet you get - prior to getting vaccinated. Also I think genetics play a role in how vaccines affect different people. Some girls have severe pain when given the HPV shot where some do not. Some people experience a very sore arm when getting a Tetanus (Tdap/Td) vaccination where some have no problem. If your muscle is tense when getting the vaccination, you will tend to have more soreness.  Where the shot is given may also make a difference. I've had almost every vaccination there is and never experienced any discomfort (except for the smallpox vaccinations - I had two). If you're in healthcare, I'm sure you've had quite a few vaccinations so you know where I'm coming from.
You make some valid points.  Especially about different manufactures of the vaccines.  I used to be a Public Health Nurse in the Immunization/Communicable Disease Program so I do have some experience with vaccines.  Bottom line is for people to do their homework and make an informed decision.  Just be careful about what sites you visit on the internet.  There is a ton of bogus info out there.

I will bow out now as I see this isn't a debate forum.  My apologies again if I offended anyone.
My neurologist said that tingling CAN BE a rare but absolutely real symptom of ANY flu vaccine. It was clearly indicated in the avverse reaction list of the seasonal flu shot and it was suggested that also this new vaccine could have similar reactions. Only (in my opinion) in this case it is just a little bit more frequent than usual. In my province we were 2 in a total of 1300 shots.
And these are FACTS, written black over white, nothing to do with our anxiety. All doctors I talked to agree that my symptoms are related to the vaccine (no doubt about that), they just can't (or won't) explain exactly how it works, why, how long it takes to be well again, and so on...They can't deny the link, because it's so evident, they just don't know how to explain the connection.
I too am in healthcare (for 26 years) and have had just about every vaccine made due to my work and travel to remote areas of the world.I've injected many vaccines-and have not known of a significant reaction. I never had a reaction.Until this year with the H1N1 and possibly seasonal flu vaccine. Under 1 percent of people have a reaction to H1N1-but it really happens-I am living it and so is my sister who lives in a different country than I. We both have autoimmune issues-is that a factor? Is it a genetic issue? Who knows. But there are regular, normal, healthy people who have exactly the same symptoms as I do after being vaccinated, and many are being made to feel like it's an anxiety problem by the medical community. Unfortunately this happens with new syndromes or diseases, and unfortunately there will be an increase in cases as vaccination continues. Hopefully the medical community will become a little more open-minded and take more interest in studying this. By the way, I am not against vaccination-it has saved many lives.