Immunization & Vaccine Community
where to get the varicella vaccine in LOS Angeles
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to immunizations and vaccines for children and adults, adverse effects, anthrax, cervical cancer, chicken pox, DPT, diphtheria, flu, haemophilus influenza, hepatitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal vaccine, MMR, mumps, passive immunizations, pertussis, pneumonia, polio, rotavirus, rubella, shingles, small pox, tetanus, travel immunizations, whooping cough, and yellow fever.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

where to get the varicella vaccine in LOS Angeles

Hello,
I am an immigrant living in Los Angeles and my doctor said I am not immuned aginnst chicken pox. I would like to know where an adult can get the vaccine for that in Los Angeles.
Most places I have called said that they only provide for children and not adults.
Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Unfortunately, adults don't get vaccinated with it because there is no vaccine for adults and varicella.  
*most* adults have already gotten chicken pox as a child; therefore they are immune and/or riding on herd immunity.  If you haven't gotten cp yet and are in your adult years, you are gambling on herd immunity.  Chicken pox is 10-fold in adults and way worse than when a child gets it, so I hope that you don't catch it.  
Blank
I am sorry, but I gave incorrect information.  Adults CAN get the vaccine but need 2 doses.  Here's a link:

http://fdb.rxlist.com/drugs/drug-11314-Varivax+PF+SubQ.aspx?drugid=11314&drugname=Varivax+(PF)+SubQ
Blank
Adults (or anyone) can get most any vaccination availailable at your local Health Department. You should be able to find it in the phone book under Health Department or Health and Human Services and may be listed as the Immunization Clinic. It's also cheaper there than at a private practice or private clinic
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Immunization & Vaccine Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank