Calorie Budget is confusing me...
I just downloaded app, and filled out all info, including the desired weight loss (20 lb), and a realistic goal date of 3 months from now. Info it gave me was a weight loss of 1.8 lbs per week (very realistic)...but with a "calorie budget" of 975 per day! THAT is not a realistic, nor healthy calorie consumption for anyone. The app did not say anything regarding this (ie..."hey, that's not healthy, your body needs more, so choose a more realistic goal...")

So, according to this app, my one slice of dry whole wheat bread and 2 cups of coffee with creamer has me 1/3 of my total daily "budget".

Maybe I'm missing something...advice?  
Hi there -

20 lbs in 3 months is actually a fairly rapid weight loss, and while it is considered safe to lose 1-2 lbs a week, whether or not this is realistic for you depends on your activity level, your BMR, your age, your gender, etc.

If the app gave you such a low calorie budget, then perhaps you may want to reconsider your goal. Try it over 4 months, and see what calorie budget it gives you.  If your goal is unrealistic, then trying to achieve it could only be setting yourself up for failure.

I hope this helps.

Emily