Can Just Anybody Create a "Health Page"?
I've been reading more and more of the health pages and primarily I'm active in the substance abuse and living with an addict forums.
I am befuddled a bit because I don't see references or credentials given on many health pages?  Some of the articles give credit to an author, book, dr., or specialist that the info is taken from, but others are recovering addicts that don't even reference WHERE their information is coming from?

What is the criteria for health pages?  Are they just there to read and decide for yourself if the information is accurate when you don't know where the information came from?

Don't mean to be critical here, there is a lot of valuable info in those articles.  I've just learned in this life to be pro-active and research ALL sources on a topic and decide for myself.  We all have to learn and decipher for ourselves, but if we don't even know where the info CAME from how can we do that?

Thanks for letting me know when you have the time.
Hi there -

Yes, our members create the health pages, and no one has to have any credentials to do so.  

The best thing you can do for yourself regarding any health issue is to research and verify.  If you were diagnosed with diabetes, for example, you'd read about diets that may work, but would probably check with your doctor or do more research to make sure the diet is safe, effective, etc., before trying it.

That said, if you come across a health page that is incorrect, or dangerous, please let us know.

Emily