Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Candida Albicans

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Candida Albicans

Hola,
Just a suggestion here....but I would really like to see a section for "Candida Albicans" on the Medhelp website.  This a very nasty condition and one which doctors FREQUENTLY misdiagnose as IBS or Chrons disease.  
Thanks,
Dean
You are absolutely right, discodiver. This is an important subject.
On the other hand, there is little MedHelp can do about this as there is just not  professional backup from physicians, and who know so amazingly little about fungal infections. (besides the obvious, like nail fungus and female yeast infections)

I am always shocked when the first treatment of choice for rashes caused by yeast infections is to prescribe an antibiotic, or even cortisone, when in fact these recipies worsen the fungal condition.

Kat
I just now found the time to follow up on my post and noticed your reply.  You are correct in the fact that there is VERY LITTLE that doctors seem to know about Intestinal Candida or Systemic Candida infections.  For the past 6 years I have been fighting health conditions that are only getting worse.  The first thing doctors want to do is prescribe me anti-depressants and when I tell them I am unable to tollerate the side effects they simply brush me off and that is the last I see of them.  I find it amazing that each one has been unable to diagnose me but will instantly tell me "there is no way you have candida."

I am a perfect candidate for this and have taken it upon myself to find my cure.  So far a diet change has helped but I am also takeing some natural anti-fungals that are also helping.  My candida infection is systemic and I'm affraid it's pretty bad.  

Anyway...I hope Medhelp will resonsider.
There seems to be very little doctors knows about fungi in general, and they don't seem interested. My son-in-law had a very serious systemic candida infection. It was so bad he was ripping at his skin. He was so sick he was unable to work. MD's not much help. So I went on a search and finally found help - but not from the medical community. I found it from a researcher (in one of the sciences) who had suffered from the same ailment. It took six months to cure my son-in-law, but cure him we did. No help there from the medical community.

If we have a forum for candida (and other fungal infestations) then at least we will have a means of sharing information.
Try oil of oregano. Nasty, but it works.
Hi, allmymarbles,

There are discussions about this topic in various forums on the site, but if you'd like to start your own group specifically dedicated to discussing Candida, you can find out how here:  
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/MedHelp/MedHelp---Groups/show/1021?cid=88

User groups are created, maintained and moderated by our users, and they're a great way to give and get support and share information.  You can choose to make this group public or private, and you can then invite the others to join you in this group.

Claire
MedHelp.org