Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Closing a tracker without deleting it...

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

HI there.  I want to close off my pregnancy tracker (it now says I have been pregnant 61 weeks..lol), but would like to still be able to reference it if I want to, so I do not want to delete it.  Can you help me out please?  I am sure there is a way to do this, but can't seem to figure it out.  Thanks so much!
Tags: tracker, closing
Hi Adgal, did you try going to your Profile, then Trackers, then click on Manage, then click on Settings?

There's a spot there to enter the Expected Due date. Changing that to a date in the past should "close" the tracker (although I'm not too familiar with how that particular tracker works. :-)).
Hi Steve, thanks for responding so quickly!!  The expected due date is set for Jan. 31, 2010, so I don't think that is the key here.  I know there is a way to do this and it was explained to me once before, but my technologically challenged brain cannot seem to remember.  I have been playing around with it all night.  I am wondering if perhaps it is in fact closed, and I need to delete the ticker widget (on profile page?)  I tried that, but hit cancel, afraid that if I did I would lose the whole tracker.  
Well, I set a new one up, then moved the conception date to last month. When I updated the tracker, it was marked closed (i.e., could not click on a date in the tracker and add new data).

So yes, it looks like yours is closed too. We may have to wait for another opinion on this one though. :-)
I just went and looked at it again, and it doesn't say closed. The part I really want to get rid of is the ticker on my profile page.  It says I am 61 weeks pregnant now, and I can't seem to get it to stop! lol.  I am pretty sure that is the average gestation period for an elephant...ha.  Help!!!
I'm stumped.

But the gestation period for an elephant is more like 88 weeks, so you're safe for a bit longer. Maybe I can track someone down before then with an answer. :-)
Thanks again Steve.  I was getting concerned, although not as concerned as my husband was..lol.

Any luck in figuring out how to make this thing stop?  It's just ticking away...62weeks and 2 days pregnant now...ha.
We (the tech folks) think you removed the pregnancy app from your profile, and the app let you without indicating that you are no longer pregnant.

There is a part of the interface to say "I'm not pregnant anymore" and indicate the reason. Your app missed that part, and we are trying to figure out how to tell the system you weren't pregnant as of a time in the past.

Thanks!!!!  I shall wait to hear from you.  If I have to delete the whole thing, not the end of the world.  If possible I would like to keep the info, but things happen, not that big a deal. I shall wait to hear from you folks!  I appreciate the help!  BTW...I don't think I removed anything...what would I have removed?  Thanks again!
Hi, I am currently having the same issue. Ive seen that adgal's tracker has stopped at her due date so the problem must have been fixed but mine is still going, Could someone help? xx