Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Export Tracker Data ???

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Export Tracker Data ???

The tracker is a great tool, but one of the most basic things I can not find is how to export this data (e.g. into csv for excel).
Can someone please help me understand how to export the data from a tracker?
Hi there -

I am going to send you a PM about this.  

Emily
Sleep-on-it is the best iPhone sleep monitoring app available, in part because of the sync to the MedHelp website and the Sleep Tracker.

Is it possible to export any of the data from my MedHelp Sleep Tracker? I would particularly like to export the basic sleep start and end times for each day, but any of the additional information would be great too.

Also, is it possible to transfer or export the notes from the Sleep-on-it app? I can't see that the notes are transferred to my MedHelp Sleep Tracker, and even if they are there, I can't see how to export them.

Many thanks ... Richard
Did you PM Joseph with a suggestion? If so, I'm also interested to hear it, I'd really like to download my data regardless of how inconvenient it might be. Thanks!
Simon
Hello sv3.

I can sadly report that I never got any response or follow-up. In the end, I had to stop using this app and tracker, because I stick to a principle that if I can't export the information into a neutral format, then the risks of losing the information completely are too high.

Regards ... Richard
Hi there -

I'm sorry you didn't get a reply earlier, and that you have stopped using the tracker.  We can export the data for you, but it does take us some time to do it.

You can always go to Print under Actions, and print out a copy for yourself.

I can assure you that your info is safe, and we haven't had anyone lose their information.  

Emily
I, too like to have my data in my own hands. I'm surprised that an export feature doesn't exist, and that creating it doesn't seem to be a priority. Please consider implementing it.

I'll stick around for now, since I don't know of another equally well integrated app, but only until one crops up. I hope you understand my concern in wanting to have control over my own data.

Thanks,
Simon

Hello Emily.

Thanks for your response and the offer to export my data via internal MedHelp resources. Unfortunately, this would just be a one-off, stopgap solution when MedHelp really needs to make the effort to provide this facility as a standard part of each tracker. Printing doesn't count.

Health-related data are very important to each of us. There are clearly a number of people who wish to feel in control of the data about their own health, free to export it when they chose for backup, analysis, visualization, etc.

If MedHelp were to do this, I'm sure that they would be repaid many times over in user support and loyalty.

I have also been dismayed that the Sleep-on-it app has never been updated. It is still on v1.0 - the original release - despite many useful suggestions being made for modifications and additional features. I'm not even sure if it still runs under iOS 5.

In good faith ... Richard
Hi Richard -

We do have plans to update the Sleep on It app, hopefully within the next few months.  I realize we haven't updated it, but we do have plans to do that.

I will pass on the suggestion for exporting data to our developers and engineers, and thank you all for the feedback!  We appreciate any and all constructive feedback we get from members.

Emily
I wholeheartedly agree with the comments on exporting data. No matter how good or sophisticated the reports are in the web interface, it won't satisfy all users.  The kind of person who needs to track their sleep is most likely doing so because they are serious about learning from the data or they need to provide it to their doctor.  I think the iPhone app does a good job of making this easy, but it is a deal breaker not to be able to export.  

Is there a timeline for this feature, or is it unlikely to be implemented soon?
Hi there -

We don't have a set timeline for this, but we are planning to update the app within the next few months.  There aren't any definite plans to incorporate CSV values in the update at this time.

I'm sorry if that isn't definitive enough, and have passed your thoughts onto engineering.

Emily
Thanks for you're response Emily. As your service is free, I can't expect you to adjust your plans to appease your customers.  However, I just purchased the Zeo Mobile device because they enable you to export your data.  I would have been happy to pay for your application if it had this option as well.  Just something to think about.
Hi there -

We can now do this for you.  Please send me a PM if you are interested in this. (You can send me a PM by moving your mouse over my name.)

Thanks,
Emily