Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Failed to Post---Still??????

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Failed to Post---Still??????

Since the first or second week in November this has been going on?  

Patience is one thing......but almost a month???  It's getting ridiculous folks!!

Please give it a higher priority and fix it  PLEASE!!!!!
I'm so sorry you're still running into this problem!  Please be assured it is being worked on.  The more investigation was done, the more complex the issue became, so it is taking longer than expected to work out all the kinks.  We really do appreciate your continued patience and know it can become very inconvenient at times.
This has happened to me a lot as I tend to be long-winded 8-)

The problem is definitely a character limit.  To get around this, I do the following:
1) If you've got a lot to say, you can compose your post locally using Wordpad, then copy/paste a section at a time creating successive multiple posts ie. Part 1, Part2, etc.  It make take several attempts if you accidentally exceed the character limit. (I don't know what that is).  I just estimate and try it.
2) You can also write your post in the Comment window as you normally do.  Before you submit it, copy the entire post first.  It it fails, you still have a copy.  Then you can break it into smaller multiple posts as above.
Thank you.....I hadn't been on a computer for 4 yrs and now using a laptop for all my forum participation.  I DO know the character limitation that they are trying to correct is at 2000 characters.  When I use Word, I am able to see the # of characters I'm typing.  Didn't know how to change my settings or if I could change something so I could see # of charc. on a post.
My problem is that I don't know my post will be long until it already is, ya know?  I will try the copy and paste suggestions you gave me and play around with it some.  First we had the problem around Nov 3 of not being able to post at all (I'm Windows 7, Int Exp 9) and then once that issue was fixed, the character limit problem replaced that problem!  
Selecting and saving seem to be diff on a laptop, and I'm still learning, but DO SO appreciate your response.  
Blessings to you and yours, Tom~
Thank you, and with yours too!

It's maddening when it happens, as some of my answers were detailed, and I though of value to the OP.  I'm also trying to do this in between what I'm suppose to be doing here at work, and literally I don't have the time to retype what I had done.  Hopefully this will get fixed soon.  Also wishing the MedHelp Santa for an "Edit" button that would allow editing of a post for a short period of time, so I could fix mistakes my little "Jimmy Dean's" make on the keys.
Hi -

The character limit glitch should be fixed.  

Hope this helps!

Emily
It's fixed....it's fixed Wahoooo!!
Thank you! Gracias! Bon Soir!
De nada!  Bon chance!

:)