Forums List Moved
Hi Mods!

I was searching everywhere for my forums list (the quick link list?)...and couldn't find it anywhere.  Then, I noticed it has been incorporated into the "My MedHelp" tab, under the options to go to your home and profile pages.  Is this a permanent change?  Is there no longer going to be a seperate tab to access our forum list?

Any other major changes that occured overnight?

Thanks!
Hi there,
I was looking for the "quick link list" too, and finally,(After looking everywhere like nursegirl6572) I found out where it was!!!.
If our 'Notifications" don't work properly ( like it happened many times before),it means that we have to point our cursor on "My Med Help" tab to see if we have received a PM ? Hmm...
Thanks for reading my comment.
Sue.
Hi NG, back from vacation.  Also was coming here to let them know that my quick link was missing.  I kind of like it in the old spot.  Okay, REALLY liked it better in the old spot.

Where's my link to pm's now?
Okay, found that.  Let me just say this---  with all of the things above the communities, I find I can't even see them all and have to keep shrinking my page. And then unshrink it to easily see it again.  Not user friendly if you belong to a number of communities.  Sorry, just some honest feedback.  
Yeah, What's up w/ that? They did site work last night at 9:15 Pacific Time and my links disappeared. I also loaded a new pic and status and now I can't receive comments...deadly!
Hi, folks,

Yes, as you noticed, there was a redesign of the top nav bar during the latest site update.  No need to apologize, specialmom -- these comments/questions are really helpful and we're sending them to our engineers.

So far, we've notified them about these things:

*In its new position, a long list of subscribed communities extends beyond the bottom of the screen and can't be fully seen without resizing the screen.

*Checking for PMs involves rolling over the "My MedHelp" item, rather than glancing at the former "Inbox" link

EvolverU, I'm not sure what you mean by not receiving comments on your status -- can you help me out?

Thanks, and let us know if you notice any other problems.

Claire

Just want to add that I HATE the change that now means you can't see if there are messages for you immediately upon reaching the MH site and/or. one's preferred forum!

And after someone explained to me how to get to the link to my inbox (on the "My Medhelp" drop-down menu), I learned that nearly everthing else I use regularly was also there--and worse yet, it doesn't stay there long enough for me to read the whole list, make my selection, and act on it. (I had to click about 3 times to get back the drop-down menu and be able to use it before it disappeared again.)

I don't understand why  things that are working well for us keep getting taken away from us under the name of "improvements." :-(
p.s. Part of my annoyance with the change is that every time I click on  "My MedHelp," it goes to "my home page" --which I never use, because it is all cluttered up with information that I have no interest in, such as "who-has-done what-to-whom-over the past many,many months" (otherwise known as "Friends activities").

When I want access to my own information (my posts, my communities, my friends, etc.) I  use "My profile page," which is far more attractive and all of those  things are immediately visible without additional clicking.
Hi, bluebutterfly2222,

I'll pass along your feedback as well.  Not sure if you noticed the "My Profile" link, that's just under "My MedHelp" -- you should be able to access your profile page (which I prefer too :)) from there.

Claire
Yes,  I noticed it on the drop-down menu, and can navigate there too, LOL! :-)(Now that I've learned to just "hover" over My MedHelp,instead of clicking on it.)

At first I was clicking on it, and it would immediately whisk me away to my home page, when I was expecting it to just produce the menu--and time to read and use it!

Thanks,
bb
What happened to my watch list for threads I was following?   HELP!
I found it on the left.  Was so used to it being on the right drop down menu.   What if Medhelp would send out a message to everyone's private message box when they make changes like this?  I know I'd appreciate a heads up like that.
Noticing I have to click back to Medhelp (my page) in order to get back to my watchlist rather than being able to do it from any page I was on with the drop down menu on the right, so that is less convenient.
HATE IT ! ! !
I don't like it, it's harder to navigate.
You don't actually have to go to your home page to access your watch list.  HOVER your cursor over the "My Medhelp" tab (do not click).  The drop down menu with home, profile, inbox, watchlist, etc will appear, then simply move your cursor down to watch list and THEN click.

You can actually hover over a lot of things here, which makes it easier to access and go through different things without having to click through numerous pages.  

For instance, you can hover over another member's name, and you will get a little box come up with some basic info and then the options to send a note, send a PM, be-friend them, etc.  Try it with my user name.  Just hover your cursor over my user name (do not click) and you'll see the box appear.  THEN you can move the cursor where you want it within that box.  It took me a while before I realized I could do that..I was forever clicking through multiple pages.

Hope that helps!
I wish the engineers would realize with all the adds it takes awhile for pages to load, by doing the inbox the way they have it does not improve the site. Just the opposite as it now takes time to load a page just to see if one has any new messages..... I would love to hear their reason for this.
Can-do,

I've responded to your other post.

Em
This recent change does nothing to improve the functionality of the site.  I wish the engineer would beta test these changes prior to letting the forum members experience the frustration.  They "fixed" something that was not broken and made it worse.   Really makes no sense.  This is not directed to you Em, but more for the engineer.