Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
GROUPS

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

GROUPS

HI MH....seems we have lost alot of people recently...have they all gone over to groups?
My question is where do we go to find a posting of all the groups that are up and running?
thx
Tags: question

To view our complete user group listing, please go into any user group.  Once there, on the upper right hand side is a direct link to "Start a Group" and "Browse Groups"  By clicking the "Browse Group" link, you'll see a comprehensive listing of all our user groups.  With our recent addition of groups, our members have the opportunity to post there, as well as on all our regular and expert forums as they enjoy all the features we have to offer on our entire site.

Here's a link to start your own group:  http://www.medhelp.org/user_groups/new

With regards,

Cheryl
MH Community Mgr
I'd say that it's very likely that many members have shifted over to the groups. It makes basic sense if someone is one place posting a response one place, they can't be somewhere else at that same time.

It does make it harder to find out which members are still active if they are posting in groups because currently group posts don't show up on members' profiles and does not add to their total post count.
It would help a lot if there was a link on the main forum page to the group page, because unless someone has been invited into a group somehow, there is no other way to even get to the groups page.  Newcomers may not even be aware that there are groups available to join.
How come I haven't been invited to join one??  I thought the communities were the only groups to join.  Am I missing something?
Your answer above stated you could see a list of all user groups by going into any group, then clicking on "Browse Groups."  But what if you don't know any groups to enter to start with??

Why not just have an Icon for "GROUPS" as you do for Forums, People, Doctors, etc?

Our groups are a very new feature.  We appreciate your feedback, and will let you know if another way becomes available.  Since the groups are a new release, we're reviewing them and appreciate your feedback.

If anybody would like a link to the groups, send me a PM.  Glad to assist.

Regards,

Cheryl
MH Community Mgr.
There is a link to User Groups on the Forums page. Just click Forums in the top nav and the link to a list of User Groups is on the right side.

Thanks,
MedHelp
ahhhhh thx this is a good link finally...thx Med Help.
Had NOOO idea there were so many!