Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Greater Tracker Customization...?

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Greater Tracker Customization...?

I've noticed on your trackers that sometimes they don't cover all the things someone might want to track for the topic.  One of the many examples I could offer would be the lack of the symptoms such as "hallucinations" and "psychosis" in the Mood Tracker.  If this specific tracker is supposed to be as helpful as possible for the mentally ill, I would suggest updating it by allowing a greater amount of customization and the option to add additional symptoms.  Being able to add additional symptoms would be best especially because a single mental illness can vary so much from person to person.  I'm sure this degree of customization would be helpful in many of the other Trackers as well.
100%
 (8) 
Greater tracker customization would be very helpful
0%
 (0) 
The current trackers seem fine to me
0%
 (0) 
Changing the trackers is a bad idea
0%
 (0) 
I don't have an opinion on this... why am I voting?
8 Members voted
I found that the trackers that have medications on them, do not always include the Rx's I take. It would be nice to have some blanks that we could type in our own Rx, mood, treatment, test result etc.
Thanks for the suggestion. When members request specific items to add to trackers, we review them and add them if we believe they are appropriate. If you have specific items you want added, please let us know rather than taking a poll.

Thanks,
MedHelp
  But, MedHelp, I have odd prescriptions that I would like to have included on my mood tracker which would hardly benefit anyone else - I am both A.D.D. and B.P. so, at times, I will take an adderall (adderrall). This is highly controversial in my forum and I would indeed like to "track" it.
Sure, no problem. We're not opposed to allowing you to track controversial drugs. The drugs listed in our trackers are no way recommendations on what you should be taking. If your doctor has prescribed this medication for you, we want to allow you to track it. We'll get Adderall (adderrall) added to the mood tracker and let you know when it's available.

Thanks,
MedHelp
yes to greater customization -drifter0213
Greater customization is essential. Everyone has such different symptoms, varieties of treatment, dosages of medication, etc. that it would be impossible to include everything. There aren't only tens of different medications, for instance, but different dosages of medications too. If there's nowhere to customize dosage, how can we track the difference in symptoms when we increase or decrease a dose?

My experience of depression is also quite physical, and there are *many* symptoms not listed on the tracker now - perhaps a most common one being muscle achey (achy)-ness (a flu-like feeling).