Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Help for Family Medicine Forum

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Help for Family Medicine Forum

I have come here yet again to ask MH if they can get some expert help for the Family Medicine Forum ,if you go there ,no one is answering any questions , please would you acknowledge ,,Thank you
We do have an expert in the Family Medicine Forum. Dr. Keyes has been answering questions in there and it looks she's current on her questions. She answered questions 3 questions on 3/12, 2 questions on 3/13, 2 on 3/15, 2 on 3/18 and one 45 minutes ago. Not sure what the issue is, but the forum's questions are being answered. If you have further concerns, please send a request through Contact Us.

Thanks,
MedHelp
First of all I have kidney stones ever present inside my kidney. They don't usually cause problems. About 3-4 weeks ago, I started having symptoms resembling a stomach bug (diarrhea) and fatigue for a couple of days, then started having flank pain. Went to urgen care and they gave me 3 days worth of cipro. She said I had a "few" white blood cells in my urine, but that was all. She also ordered a CT scan. After about a week, I started feeling better and was able to return to school and work. A couple of days later my fever started spiking up to 102.8. I took ibuprofen and the fever broke that night. I went to the beach the next day and seemed ok, but the fever again spiked that night back to 102.8. It did this over the weekend so I went back to urgent care on Monday. That doctor said the same thing about my urine and put me back on cipro for 5 days. I had the CT scan and it showed the normal stones on both sides, but no blockages. Of course I never had a fever when going to the doctor because of the ibuprofen. I followed up with primary care and she didn't even check my urine. She said the stones caused the blood in my urine and the pain and there wasn't much she could do. She gave me a shot of toradol and sent me home. Well that was Monday and this is Thursday and my fever came back last night. It was 101.3. Once again it broke after taking ibuprofen. I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Please help!
Hi - you have posted in our Suggestions forum.  Please visit our Kidney Stones Community for help with your question:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Kidney-Stones/show/1207