Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
How do I delete an item in My Foods list?

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

My list is getting very long and I would like to delete items.  also it is not well organized and makes it difficult to find items.  Can you help?
Hi there -

The list should be alphabetically, and I'm checking on that as it seems we may have a bug with that.

To delete a food item, click on the item in the list, and when the info about the food appears on the right side, you can click on "remove from my foods".  You are able to do this so long as no one else has used your food item.

Let me know if we can be of further assistance.

Emily
There is no "remove from my foods" to click on when I bring info about the food item.  I clicked on several foods and it never appears.
Hi there -

Can you give me a couple of examples for foods this is happening for?  It should appear at the top of the box that appears on the right.

I added a screen shot of this so you can see it - http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/359616?personal_page_id=863948

Let me know if you don't see that.

Emily
My screen does not have the cell with the 'Remove from my foods"
Are you logging in from a computer or a mobile device?  If you'd like me to remove some, just send me a private message, and I'd be happy to help while we figure this out.

Emily
I am logging in on my personal laptop.  I just don't understand why it isn't there.  I was using Chrome so tried it on Explorer and it still didn't work.  Darn it!

Anyway if you could delete the following it would be helpful:

1/2 baby back ribs & swt potato
Brownberry Natural Health nut bread
russels sprts
white meat chick salad
coconut shrimp
duck egg
fish dinner
flax seed
glazed carrots
green soup
guacamole
ham&potato pie  x2
Italian sausage
oyster crackers
poppy seed dressing
pot pit ham & potato
potato crusted flounder, Bob evans
Verde Medium Salsa
Navy bean soup mix
taco seasoned meat
tropical chicken pizza

I am sure this is irritating for you to do.  I sure do appreciate it.  Thanks for all the help.
ea34
I'll go ahead and do this, but can you take a screen shot of what you see on your screen when you click on one of these foods?  I'd like to show our developers and engineers.

Thanks!

Em
Thank you for the help.  I can't copy the print screen here.   Is there somewhere else I can send it to you?
I tried copying the cell and this is what copy's:

Specify Serving
Basalmic viniagrette
Add

Nutrition Facts
Serving: serving
Amount: 1
Calories 49.50
Calories from fat 0.00
% Daily Value*
* Percent daily values are based on your nutritional requirements.
Hi - after you press printscreen, go to your "Paint" program.  This is often in the "Accessories" menu when you click on your "Start" button.  Once it opens, paste the image there (you can do this by pressing "Control" and "v" at the same time).  Then save the image. After that, you can upload it to your photos here and we can take a look.
Didn't realize there were pictures.  LOL  Up loaded a prntscrn.  Let me know if you can't see it.
Ahhh I see what it is.  On your pic, next to the search bar, it says "Show My Foods".  You should be able to click that, and then when you choose a food, you should get the option to remove it from your food list.

You can also access it by clicking on My Foods at the top of the tracker.

I hope that helps!

Emily
Found it!!!!!   It only works if I click my foods at the top of the tracker page.  If I pick a meal (breakfast) and then click on 'My Foods' it doesn't give me the option.  Weird.  But I can delete!!!!  THANK YOU!!!