How do I join a Forum without posting?
  I assume I'm missing something incredibly simple and very obvious, but I just don't know how to subscribe to a Forum/Community without posting to it.

I really did try to figure this out on my own, but I'm afraid that I must admit defeat!!
  And this was the best I could do when it came to trying to figure out where to even post this question!

If someone can point me to the instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it!!
Hi there -

No, it isn't incredibly simple or very obvious lol, so it's not you. :)

If you want to join a forum, you'll have to find a member of that forum, click/tap on their name, and then go to their profile page (the click/tap will take you there). On their profile page, you should see a widget/module titled "Communities". Next to the community name, you should see "Join". Click/tap on that, and you can join the community.

If you just want to watch a community, and follow what is being posted, you can scroll to the bottom of the topics list (all the posts that others have posted), and click/tap on "Watch this community", and updates will appear on your Watch List.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Emily
  Thank you SO much!!!

I'm pretty sure that I would NEVER have doped that out for myself!!!   LOL!!!  

Greatly appreciated, Emily!!