Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
How to stop My Diet Diary Tracker adding multiple entries to My Foods?

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

I use the My Diet Diary Tracker on my iPhone. Recently when I started adding a food to the Medhelp My Foods using the app, multiple copies (50x) are coming up when i go to the My Foods section of the MedHelp website. Anyone know why this is happening and more importantly, how to stop it?
Cheers
Nathan
Hi there -

I'm sorry this is happening.  I don't know why it's happening, but I am going to check with our engineers, and will get back with you as soon as I hear from them.  

Emily
Hi there -

Can you tell me when this first started happening?  You mentioned "recently", but can you clarify that?  Is this happening when you add a food item via the search, or creating a food item that wasn't there before, or when using the scanner?

Thanks!

Emily
Hi Emily, thanks for your prompt response!
It's been happening since Sunday the 4th of November. It happens when I create a food item that wasn't there before, using the "My Diet Diary" app on my iPhone. The multiples do not appear when I use the app on my phone, but they come up when I access the "My Foods" list through the MedHelp.org website.

Cheers
Nathan
Hi Nathan -

Thanks!  To clarify, you are not using the barcode scanner for this, just adding a food manually?

I'm a little confused though.  Some of the foods that replicated a bunch are pretty common foods - blueberries, light milk, etc. - and should be in the Food List already.  Are you creating new foods for these?  

Thanks,

Emily

Hi Emily

I'm entering the foods manually, not using the barcode scanner. I'm actually from Australia, so the barcode scanner doesn't usually work anyway and this is why I've created my own entry for some of these common foods to add to My Foods as the available entries don't always reflect the foods we have available here.

Cheers
Nathan