Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Improvements for the Weight Tracker

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Improvements for the Weight Tracker

I'm using the weight tracker, and finding it excellent in many ways.  However, I'd like to suggest a few improvements/changes:

1) Please could you make the BMI graph optional.  It's pretty much just repeating information that's elsewhere, as the shape reflects the weight loss graph shape, and the current BMI status is listed at the bottom anyway.  I'm not saying to take it off completely, but I really doubt that everyone wants it cluttering up the page.

2) It would be good if the calorie consumption graph could appear directly under the weight loss graph, so that it's easy to see how eating habits directly impact on weight changes.

3) For the measurements graphs, it would make sense to have the graph which uses the higher numbers (chest/hips/waist) above the graph with the lower numbers (thigh/calf/neck)m, instead of the other way around, so that the overall numbers flow properly.

4) If no "treatments" are being used, it would be good if that line didn't appear at all, again making it optional.

5) Please could you add "restaurant", "eating out" or similar to the Events category, a plain "Exercise" box that people could use for forms of exercise other than the ones already listed, and an "Illness" box since that also commonly affects eating or weight patterns.  For instance, I had a day when I was throwing up from migraine meds and could hardly eat a thing, and another day where my weight shot up temporarily as a reaction to being up all night with biliary colic.

6) A rolling average on the calorie consumption graph would be very useful, since many people gradually adjust their calorie intake as their weight changes, and some people are doing calorie cycling where it varies quite substantially around a single number in the middle.

7) I don't know about other people, but the order I would like to see on my page would be weight loss graph, calorie consumption graph, events rows, then measurements graphs.  That was it would be a lot easier to see how exercise and my menstrual cycle affect my weight loss and eating habits.  Right now there is so much in between the weight loss graph and the menses row that I can't see them both on the screen at the same time.
Hi there -

These are great suggestions, and I will pass them on to our Product Developers.  

Thanks!  We rely on member feedback to keep our site the best it can be.

Emily
Hi there -

We have plans to update the trackers to offer more customization, and while we don't know a timeline for that just yet, it will address a lot of your suggestions.

Thanks again!

Emily