Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
My Food Diary will not sync

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

My Food Diary will not sync

I have the Diet Diary app installed on my PC using Chrome, and also one on my phone using Android. However, when I enter data into the food diary on my PC, the one on my phone does not sync. Help please?

P.S. I don't think it's got anything to do with internet connection because the exercise tracker syncs in just a few seconds and works fine.
Tags: sync, Food Diary, diary, will not, Work, Diet, diet diary, sync problem, Chrome, Android, App, application, internet, help, Data, PC, computer, phone, food, calories, Weight, please help me
Hi there -

We are working on an entirely new sync system, and hope to have it released for My Diet Diary Android soon. In the meantime, can you tell me if your foods are all syncing correctly here - http://www.medhelp.org/food_diary/show/1072200?personal_page_id=2580115

Thanks, and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Emily
I just got my food diary to sync but I can't get my cycles to sync. Data entered on my phone is not going to the website. Could it possibly be a system issue?
Hi eray2 -

Can you make sure that you are logged into the my cycles app? What type of device are you using the app on - Android or iOS?

Thanks,

Emily
Emily,

I have logged into and out of both the application and the website. I'm using Android. Logging out then back in is how I got the My food diary to sync. Also, while I'm asking questions, the my cycles app allows me to track intercourse along with all the reproductive activities, however, the tracker on the website does not have this option and its disappointing.

Thanks a bunch
Emily
Emily,

Yes, the food diary on the website and the app on Chrome syncs just fine. I've tried entering data on my phone, and it syncs with that on my PC as well. The only times the Android app doesn't sync are when I enter data on my PC.

Thanks.
Hi eray2 -

I added the ovulation tracker for you, using the same privacy settings you used for your other trackers. That tracker shows all the info you mentioned - intercourse, etc.

Emily
CheesyLucy -

Can you try fully closing the app and then opening it, and see if it syncs what you have entered on the site?

To fully close an app on your Android, with the app open, hit the back button again and again until you are on your home screen. You can then open the app again, and see if it has synced.

Emily
Emily,

Thanks! It works fine now. :D