Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
New Category Suggestion
About This Community:

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New Category Suggestion

I would like to suggest a category, possibly under dermatology, for Hidradenitis Suppurativa (also known as H.S.,, Verneuil's disease, etc). This is a skin disease that is painful an can be debilitating, affecting up to 4% of the population. It causes painful abscesses/cysts/boils in the underarm, breast, buttocks, and groin areas. It is often misdiagnosed and often goes undiagnosed for years (for example, I've had it for 14 years and was just formally diagnosed 2 years ago). Due to these things, there is a lack of information about it. I've met SEVERAL nurses, a couple doctors, and many medical professionals who had never even heard of it. I hope having it's own category on medhelp would help change this.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
707563_tn?1395081210
Hi there -

I will pass your suggestion on.  Thanks!

Emily
Blank
463897_tn?1342704822
Hi Everyone,

We invite you, your family, and friends who know a loved one or suffers from Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) to please visit our newly created Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) community:

Click Here:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hidradenitis-Suppurativa-HS/show/1545

Best,
Cheryl
MH Community Mgr
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity