New Category Suggestion
I would like to suggest a category, possibly under dermatology, for Hidradenitis Suppurativa (also known as H.S.,, Verneuil's disease, etc). This is a skin disease that is painful an can be debilitating, affecting up to 4% of the population. It causes painful abscesses/cysts/boils in the underarm, breast, buttocks, and groin areas. It is often misdiagnosed and often goes undiagnosed for years (for example, I've had it for 14 years and was just formally diagnosed 2 years ago). Due to these things, there is a lack of information about it. I've met SEVERAL nurses, a couple doctors, and many medical professionals who had never even heard of it. I hope having it's own category on medhelp would help change this.
Hi there -

I will pass your suggestion on.  Thanks!

Emily
Hi Everyone,

We invite you, your family, and friends who know a loved one or suffers from Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) to please visit our newly created Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) community:

Click Here:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hidradenitis-Suppurativa-HS/show/1545

Best,
Cheryl
MH Community Mgr