Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
New Forum Idea

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

New Forum Idea

I think a forum consentrating on alternative medicine like accupuncture, accupressure and natural remedies would be a great add on. So many people these days dont want to take chemical medication or cant for whatever reason and dont know how or where to start using natural treatments or remedies.
There are so many benefits to aromatherapy and herbal compresses and I'm sure many members would jump at the chance to get a few ideas from others even if they do need or prefer to take chemical medication.

TMA
I totally support this to be added.

Alternatives and many medical doctors are moving into these approaches and the benefits are outstanding.
That would be  AWSOME idea.
I am totally pro alternative approach to everything . I am fighting OV CA and using two treatments soon three and I am doing just marvelous. It's safe and it does not make a person so sick like chemo and other meds  do. It takes time but results are astonishing.
Hope Med Help will consider new Forum because there is nothing like that here and I would gladly move to alternative forum myself.
Sunes.
Did you ever consider the possibility that you are doing so marvelous simply because you were diagnosed stage one as opposed to stage 3 or 4? I'm not convinced that you would find many women who are diagnosed late stage who would be willing to abandon conventional medicine and go totally alternative. If you were diagnosed stage 4, would you be so quick to go alternative only?
Aside from that, I do think that a seperate forum for those who wish to use alternative treatments to fight thier cancer is an excellent idea - that way when you make comments bashing those of us who are using chemo, we wouldn't have to be subjected to reading them.
An alternative treatment forum, for those who are interested, would benefit many who not only have ovarian cancer but other types of cancer as well.
Becky
There is a "Complementary Medicine" forum already that covers some of the topics that you are talking about.  Check it out and see if it is what you are looking for.
That's exactly what I did!! abandoned conventional medicine because it failed me so badly from the beginning and thank God it did  because  I can now  use something that is safer... the alternative approach. YES, I was fortunate that my cancer was stage 1C but aggressive one too and now it's not however it's still CANCER!!. Thanks to alternative  treatments. Doing them  for 2 years and paying ot of my own pocket it's not easy but I am determined  to continue for a quality life I have and most of all results.
.You are paying too,  as I undestood from your posts,   lots of money and maybe just maybe that's why you are so attacking mebecause of your financial  troubles!! You did in the past a lot.  Stop now.

Becky please stop attacking me for my believes!! This is   entirely your chioce to read any post or NOT .Nobody is twisting your arm to read any of them especially mine when you know from OVCA Forum my point of view. .You are choosing to follow me and mocking my posts. STOP now please. ...

TMA sorry for trying to defend myself here on your post but it seems like  I have no peace anywhere. .

Hugs, Sunes.

We actually already have a community for this. We've had it for almost a year now. It's called Complementary Medicine and is located at http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/86

MedHelp
Oh boy....I'm not having any financial issues - none that are your business anyways. Yes my drugs cost a lot of money, but did I ask you for any? My treatments are working, but I was diagnosed stage 3c so I wouldn't expect you to understand what it feels like to be so desperate for a cure...your surgery is most likely what cured you Sunes, not your alternative treatments. Chemo didn't fail you - you couldn't do it because you were allergic to it.
Maybe you can't seem to find "peace" anywhere because of the way you write...you make people become defensive.
I'm glad to hear they have a complimentary medicine forum...maybe you could try making some friends over there who share the same opinion as you.
Have a wonderful day :)
Becky
I am glad that Med Help has the complementary medicine forum.  I have found great relief for many health issues with Naturopaths, Massage Therapists and Acupuncturists.  I am blessed to not have cancer but I lost my best friend to breast cancer after she refused traditional treatments and chose to only use alternatives.  I miss her so much.  The ladies on the OVCA forum are fighting for their lives.  I am appalled that anyone would attack them for suffering through their chemo and accuse them of financial problems.  How insensitive!
This is a suggestions forum, any suggestion can be made. In this case, the suggestion is actually already in place. Any further arguments will be deleted.
LOL its always my posts that get deleted I dont know why I bother..... 2 years ive dedicated my time to helping on medhelp and every time I get remotely contraversial or defend one of my friends its only my post that gets taken off - im sick of it I dont know why I waste my time feeling hurt about it.
Don't feel bad, I wish MH wish do a alternative cancer treatment forum for those who want it, so we could have some peace.
Why all the hostility? My friend and co leader was simply trying to suggest something that could help people who needs that type of help.
TMA is having a two day event to ask questions about alternative medicine.
Here is a copy of the announcement that is posted in the addiction community

~~~* ANNOUNCING A 2 DAY ALTERNATIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT GUEST CL THREAD* ~~~ We will be welcoming TooManyAdvil who is the one of the Community Leaders of the Pain Management Community.  She will be answering questions this Wednesday and Thursday about alternative ways to manage pain without the use of narcotics .

~ alternative medicine ~

~ alternative treatments ~

~ What non-opiate choices are out there ~

Get your questions ready, and we will see you July 2nd and 3rd.

Avis
       Goingtomakeit
       Addiction Substance Abuse