Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Pregnancy applications on home page

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Pregnancy applications on home page

Dear MedHelp,

I recently noticed "My Pregnancy" and "Pregnancy by Week" tabs under "Applications" on my home page.  I assume this appears on only the pages of female members?  I personally do not care fore this.  I am not pregnant, nor have I ever been, nor am I ever sure that I will be.  Currently, my health is a factor in my postponing family planning.  I do not need these new applications as a reminder of my already ticking biological clock.  

I would guess that there are many female members here who are are either unable to get pregnant or otherwise disinterested.  I think these applications should only be added if the user sets them up, and that they should not appear by default.

Excellent point.  I will check into this for you, and will let you know what I find out.

Emily
What happens when you click on them?
I was going to try and answer your question by clicking on them, and they are gone!

Thank you for understanding my point, and sorry if I can across a bit rude about the matter.
I am trying to concieve (conceive), and when I logged in yesterday a pregnancy tracker had been added to my profile and after talking to a few friends it happened randomly to them as well.  At least 3 girls.  None of us added it ourselves.  Being in our shoes we will be thrilled for the day when we can!

However, I just deleted it right away so I don't know if there was any info in it or not?
I got the same thing the other day when I logged in.
If you hadn't entered anything, it shouldn't have any info in it.  

Sorry for any inconvenience with this.  It happened to me, too.

Emily
That happened to me too...I was kinda hoping it was a preminition :)  
Sorry about that. There must a bug with the software. We added the apps to anyone who had an active pregnancy tracker. Thanks for reporting the issue and we'll investigate this further. If you're trying to conceive, baby dust to you and I hope you will be using our pregnancy apps very soon.

-MedHelp
I still have them on my page!!!  I was pregnant and lost the pregnancy I keep deleting the pregnancy tracker but it keeps showing back up on my page.  The rememinder is not pleasant. If someone could please tell me how to get them off my page and not have it pop back up that would be great.
I'm sorry about this.  I'm checking with our tech folks to see why this keeps happening for you.

I'm sorry for your loss, and for this terrible reminder all the time.

Emily
I found out this is because you are deleting a tracker, and it's not the same thing as closing out your Pregnancy Tracker. The system still thinks you're pregnant.

Go to My Pregnancy on your home page. Under options, you can click the Remove link. There it will ask you why you are removing the tracker. Once you selects that, it should close out the apps and the tracker.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you need further assistance.
Yes that fixed it...THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!