Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Pregnancy iPhone App

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Pregnancy iPhone App

We'll soon be launching an iPhone app for Pregnancy, similar to our My Cycles iPhone app for ovulation and period tracking. If you're pregnant and interested in the Pregnancy iPhone app, leave us a comment below and we'll notify you when it's available.

Thanks,
MedHelp
I am concerned about this application as it encourages pregnant women to use cell phones.

The State of Maine is having hearings next week March 2, 2010 on a bill called The Children's Wireless Protection Act. Cell phones HAVE BEEN PROVEN to cause brain tuomors with prolonged exposure. (For more information read "Cell Phones and Brain Tumors 15 Reasons for Concern" a reference rich and published paper, available at www.thepeoplesinitiative.org also google Dr. Devra Davis, cell phones and brain tumors) The bill seeks to put warning labels on cell phones for children and pregnant women. This is tobacco all over again. The studies that report "no correlation" between cell phones and  brain tumors are flawed, paid for by the cell industry and/or actually DO show a correlation if you dig deep enough.

MedHelp is such a wonderful site, I believe it behooves the membership to be educated about serious healht risks as well.

-Star
Thanks for letting us know this.  We will watch it all closely, and feel free to post any updates you may hear about first.

Emily
I think this is great, and I'd love to hear when it comes out.  Honestly though, it seems that there should be link between the menstrual/ovulation app and the pregnancy app, because they are so closely related.  At the very least, the period tracker should include an option for conception/pregnancy/delivery/miscarriage, in order to keep the stats accurate.
Hi there,
I love your application for Ovulation trackers, but I wish wish wish you had this app for Blackberry phones (since I use the Ovulation tracker on your website and need it for my phone).  I tried (unsuccessfully) to load that app onto my phone with a third party sync program to see if I could use the app, but sadly I could not.  I really need the "My cycles" app for my phone, but I just can't see myself going out to by an iphone just for the app, especially if it will only be good until I get pregnant!!
Is there something that you can suggest for us Blackberry users?  Please please please say someone will design the same "My cycles" app for Blackberry.  I would even pay to get it!
Hoping and hoping for someone to design the application,
Sandi
Regrettably, we don't have any plans to make a Blackberry app at this time. We plan on continuing with iPhone apps and Android apps. Blackberry just isn't as popular with our users as iPhones and Android phones.

You can, however, access the mobile version of MedHelp on a smartphone browser. You can try this by going to medhelp.org (or m.medhelp.org) on your Blackberry browser. If that doesn't work, if you download Opera for your Blackberry and use that as your browser, you'll be able to access the mobile version of the site. Once you're logged in, you can record your BBT for Ovulation. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of My Cycles or a true iPhone or Android app, but if you're looking to quickly record your BBT (and then enter your symptoms later on the site), you can do it this way.

Thanks,
MedHelp
Thank you, that should help for now!
Our pregnancy iPhone app is now available for download for free from the iTunes store. Both iPhones and iPod Touches are supported. You can read more about it here:

http://www.medhelp.org/land/mobile-pregnancy-app

Thanks,
MedHelp