Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Profile Suggestion

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Profile Suggestion

For those of us answering questions, sometimes it would be VERY helpful to have more info about a person's history.  Could MH perhaps include a section of the profile that would allow for entry of a person's past medical history?  You could even develop it to have a drop down menu for most disorders/diseases, and then blank spots for any "write in" issues that weren't on the list.  Surgical history and medications could also be valuable in a profile.  Of course, this would be optional, as not everyone would want to display that info.

I just know that in a lot of cases, if I KNEW someone had a history of certain conditions, my answer would be a lot different.

If something like this is possible, or in the works, I have some ideas, if you're interested.

Thanks MH!
Hi, nursegirl6572,

Members have the option to share more information about themselves in the “About me” section of their profiles, and anyone who responds to a question has the option of asking for more information before rendering an opinion.  Please feel free to do so anytime you feel the information would help.  In the meantime, we'll pass your suggestion on to our developers.  Hope this helps!

Claire
Thanks claire!  I also posted this suggestion in our CL group.

I usually do ask for more info, but it would be great to have that info before answering a ?.

Thanks again!  :0)