Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Sleep tracker

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Sleep tracker

I am finding the sleep tracker confusing.  I can't determine on which day to record which period of overnight sleep.  I'm not sure what to suggest, but I basically can't use it as is.
If I understand correctly, you don't know on which day to record your sleep. The sleep tracker is flexible enough to allow you to track however you would like to track. For example, today is Monday, 8/11. Many people will consider the sleep they get tonight as Monday night's sleep even if it starts after midnight (for example 1 a.m.), so they'll put that into 8/11. Others may feel that Monday's sleep is actually the night before, so they'll track the sleep that has already occurred as 8/11. It's up to you. Just pick one and be consistent. Personally, I would record tonight's sleep as Monday and the sleep I already had as Sunday's. Hope that helps!

Best,
MedHelp
There's also a Sleep Tracker Overview and FAQs health page. Take a look:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological-Disorders/Sleep-Tracker-Overview--FAQs/show/403?cid=86

It takes some practice to learn to log in your sleep times in a way that you are used to thinking of how days begin and end ,as " Med help " has just explained. I would only like to add that when Med Help Added some changes so that we could change around our pages with color and such to fit our personality's ( as they say ) that they switched the times slept in the sleep tracker from AM & PM to a 24 hour clock or military time. This at first through me a little off until i realized what they did. I think it makes it a little easier to log in your times. Also don't forget to set the time your day starts in the " Settings ' or your times may overlap and the tracker will not understand them. ( i.e. , I set my wake up time for 12:00 noon or 12 in the new one , for those days when i sleep in. If your a night bird just do the reverse.
                                       ....Burrpatch.
And sometimes I work nights and my sleep starts at 8am, and I might not work that next night, and go back to sleep at 10p--its hard for crazy night shifters.

I just arbitrarily set my days to start at 7am, and left it that way.
I think I set mine to start at midnight... Usually I don't conk out until after midnight anyway. I don't know what will happen if I can fall asleep before midnight and actually wake up after midnight though...
If you would like to track your sleep in military time or AM/PM, you can change this setting by going to "My MedHelp" and then Settings. Then click Preferences and you'll be able to choose 12-hour or 24-hour time representation.
I am having a problem with the sleep tracker as well. I sleep in 4-6 hour shifts mainly. No way to tell when I'll be able to drop off, and if up most of the night I have to sleep a few hours during the day. Is there any way to document this on the tracker?
Are you asking if you can add multiple shifts and naps into the sleep tracker? If so, the answer is yes. Please take a look at the Sleep Tracker Overview and FAQs.

When you're on your sleep tracker page, you can also browse other member's using the sleep tracker. Many of them don't sleep in one single block of time either so you can see how they've done it. Good luck!