Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Suggestion - Printing

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Suggestion - Printing

I know it says we can print the trackers, but in actuality if your tracker is too long or wide, it will get cut off and not all the information will print.  I didn't realize this was happening until just now.  Very disappointing since the whole reason I’ve been using the trackers is to print them out and take/give them to my doctors.  

Also, when printing out the Mood Tracker the Mood graph doesn’t clearly show which mood is which once it’s printed in grayscale.  Maybe you could put the letter of the mood in at the start of the time at the top of the shading.  So D-Depressed would appear under the 24th at 12:00pm.  

Also looking at the Mood Tracker, but I suspect that it would affect other trackers too, some of the ratings show only the first letter; like when L appears in the Self-Esteem row, or when 1 appears in the Mental Activity row.  Since I’ve filled these out, I might remember that L in the Self-Esteem row indicates Low Self-Esteem.  However, it’s quite unlikely that I’ll remember that the 1 appearing in the Mental Activity row means … honestly, I don’t recall.  Either way, the problem becomes apparent when I ask my doctor to look at this information and they have to keep asking me what each letter or number stands for.  Maybe you could include a legend at the bottom of this particular section on the tracker?  

With all that said, I still love the trackers.  And I REALLY love that I can use this even though I don’t have a smart phone!  If you could correct these three things, I’d be quite happy.  
Hi there -

Thanks for the suggestions.  Have you tried printing in color?  It's a good suggestion though - gray scale is tough to read.

You might also consider emailing your tracker to your doctor, though you will have to change your privacy settings to allow others to see it.

I will pass your suggestions onto our developers, and thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Emily
Hi again -

When you choose Print, and see the preview of it, do you see all of it?  Is any cut off?  If it looks fine there, I'm wondering if your page settings need some adjusting.

If you can't see the whole thing, let me know.

Emily
Sorry Emily, I expected something would pop up or flag me if there was a response.  So I'm just seeing this today.  

I'll check the page settings, thank you.  Unfortunatly, I don't have access to a color printer.  And, particularly since it's a new doctor, I don't have an e-mail address.  That's something I can try in the future, but I'd really prefer to print them.  

Thanks for the responses, I really wasn't expecting one.  :-)  And I just saw the add to watch list box, which I checked.
Hi there -

The suggestion you made about somehow marking the moods in grayscale is probably going to be added.  Thanks for the great idea!

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Emily
That’s wonderful news, about the grayscale piece.  So glad they found my suggestion helpful!  :-)

Any word on the Legend?  Currently I'm printing an additional page to show this information.  In case I was confusing when I explained it before, I included a portion of what I have for the Mood Tracker below:

Mood Tracker Ratings:
Appetite         Decrease
        Normal
        Increase
Energy         Low
        Medium
        High
Mental Activity   1 – Very Slow
        2
        3
        4
        5 – Very Fast

Regarding Printing - I went to the Print Preview on my Mood Tracker and I do not see all of it.  So I changed the 'Change Print Size' option several times.  To see all of it, I have to change it to 70% which makes the print-out difficult to read.  Is there another Printer Setting I'm not aware of that might help?  As it is, I'm copying, pasting to word, cropping to fit the page, rinse and repeat; a very cumbersome process.  

Thanks for all your help Emily!  

Stoda
Hi there -

Maybe I need to clarify what it is you want to see on printing.  When I try and print it, on "Shrink to Fit", it is on two pages.  

I'm not sure what you are copying and pasting to word?  If you go to Actions, then Print, it will give you what you need to print.  It only gives the last couple of weeks, which we will be changing at some point to allow for more reports.

Emily
Oh and I'm checking on the Legend.

Em
Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to this.  Is there a way I can send you an attachment?  Then you could see exactly what I mean.  

Even when I use Shrink to Fit, it still doesn't print all of the graph.  On my Mood Tracker, Page 2, it cuts off my graph after Emotional Outburst under the Average Mood section.  
Maybe this will help, I made my Mood Tracker public.  If you could, try printing it and see if 'everything' prints.  Particularly the graph portion under Emotional Outburst.  
I'm sending you a PM with an email addy to send the screenshot.  I'm seeing all of it.

Em
Any updates?
No, but we've had some site issues following an upgrade we did, so lots of things have been on hold.  I don't have a timeline for any fixes or changes just now.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Emily