Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Why a password???

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Why a password???

I have been a member for about 3 weeks! When i joined i made up a user name and provided a password. Initially when i returned to Medhelp i was asked to Log In using them. But now when i access MedHelp even thru Google it goes directly to the Community i have been using. From there i can access my messages (which are supposed to be
private, aren't they?) etc without having to Log in.Does this mean anyone using my computer (or another for that matter) can have access?
Incidentally, i love MedHelp, but am concerned about this issue!
Hi Tunney - I see you found your answer, but just in case anyone else has this issue...

It sounds as though your computer was/is storing your password.  Logging out each time you leave MedHelp should take care of this situation and will prevent shared users from accessing your MedHelp account.
I must be doing somethng wrong.  I can put in my username and then when I put in my password it's wrong.  I have to get a temporary password.  How can I put in my  password and continue using the same password.  Where do I got to set my own password?
Hi, laddie104,

Here's how to change your password:

* Click on "My MedHelp" (in the blue bar at the top of the screen)
* Click on "Account Settings"
* On the next page, click on "Login and Password"
* Under "MedHelp Change Password", enter your old password
* Enter your new password
* Enter your new password again under "Confirm New Password".
* Click the green "Change" button and your password will be changed.

When you sign in again, be sure that you're using the login boxes on the right hand of the screen.  The left side of the screen may also show your name, but that side's for registering as a new member, and it won't accept your information.

You can do this as often as you like, and it's a good idea to do so at any site.  Just be sure you have a good way of keeping track of your current password.  If you have any problems,  just click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any MedHelp page (you'll be able to see it even if you're not logged in) and we'll be happy to help you get it fixed quickly.  

Hope this helps!

Claire
MedHelp.org