Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
Worriers Forum?

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

Worriers Forum?

I was wondering if participants would be helped by separating symptoms from worry/fear/anxiety. Regardless of symptoms, mine happens to be heart related, there is a worry component and if one could separate the physical from the mental, then the symptoms could be more manageable and maybe reduced.
I know since my cardioversion in February, 2007, I have become very sensitive to palpitations and other symptoms of arrythmia. Of course, the more I became aware of these symptoms, the more I became sensitized, and the more I perceived the symptoms.
Perhaps there are many out there who have able to separate the worry and anxiety from the symptoms. Perhaps they have found ways to desensitize the worry and in the process their symptoms have lessened.
I know from experience, symptoms are real. For sure. I am hoping this new forum could alter our responses to our symptoms, making them manageable, increasing the quality of our day, and maybe lessen the intensity and duration of our symptoms.
There has to be a better way than worry.
fjohnone
We do have a heart rhythm forum and an anxiety forum. Worry is associated with many different medical conditions, including OCD, anxiety and cancer to name a few. We're not sure that this warrants a new forum though as it would be most appropriate to discuss your worries as it relates to a specific medical condition. If you have anxiety without a medical condition, then it's probably most appropriate to participate in the Anxiety Community.