Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
export import/ backup

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

export import/ backup

I have been looking and can't find it if there is a way to export our data to a CSV file?
How can we back up our data?
Tags: backup, export

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like us to try to obtain your tracker data in a CSV file, and thanks for using our trackers.

Best,

Cheryl
MedHelp Community Mgr
Hi, I'd also like to be able to export my tracker data as CSV, edit it, and re-import.
The main reason is that it's a lot quicker for me to type values for multiple days of sleep data into a spreadsheet than it is add them one at a time via the currently provided methods.

I would also like to be able to manipulate the data on my own PC, so I can plot trendlines etc. (I have Non 24 so it'd be useful to see how far off a 24hr clock I currently am)

Thanks!
what about the other way around, i was using another program, i need to import it into this program tracker
Hi there -

No, I'm sorry, there isn't a way to do that currently. Can you tell me what other program you were using? It may be something we can look into.

Emily

I think this would be a phenomenal feature. Currently, I use a separate application on my Android that tracks my workouts called Jefit Pro. I'm able to extract that data as a .csv, so it'd be a real time saver to be able to import that data into your MyDietDiary app or even the web-app and translate the workout logs to "calories burned". It shouldn't be too difficult to extract from the Jefit log the type of workout, compare it to your existing exercise database, then calculate the fitness information, albeit the custom workouts that you are able to create within Jefit may pose as a small problem.
Hi there -

Thanks for your input. I will pass it along to our engineers. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate it.

Emily