Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
how do you back up app data from android phone to my profile

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

I have the 'My Cycles' app on android phone and I would like to back up the data on this to my profile on the site. So I can use the app to full advantage.  I have tracked atleast 3 months data and don't want to loose this information?
PLease can you tell me in simple terms how to back up!
Hi there -

Have you entered your username and password into the app?  

How to Sync -

1. Open the application.

2. Tap on ‘Settings’

3. Select ‘Sync/Backup’

4. If you already have a MedHelp account, enter your MedHelp username and password tap ‘Login".

5. You will get an alert once your data has been synced.

When that is done, you may have to set up your trackers to see the info online, or you can just check your health feed on your home page.

1 - Log on to www.medhelp.org from a computer or device with the internet

2 - On your home page, please go to "My Health Feed" (you may have to scroll down a bit to find it)

3 - If data is shown in your Health Feed, you should see a chart icon to the right of all the items

4 - Click on the chart icon, and it will open your tracker

5 - Follow the prompts to set up your tracker

6 - At the top of your tracker, you should see other shaded icons for your other trackers

7 - Click on each one and follow the prompts to set those up

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Emily

I have followed all the instructions to sync my data of almost two years, and set up my trackers. But no data is showing yet. I have not received an alert that the sync occurred yet, at least not an email alert or any message in this website. The app noted the exact time it synced. But still no data on the website for me to export or print. What do I do next?

Diane -

Are you using an android or iPhone? Are you using the same username and password in the app that you use here?

When was the first time you synced?

Thanks,

Emily
I want to retrieve my data that is on the 'My Cycles' app but the app is malfunctioning and will not open for use, is there any other way to get my data from the app? I'm an iPhone user.
Hi there -

I'm sorry you are having problems with the app. Do you know what version of the app you use, and when the last time you updated it was?

What iOS does your iPhone run? Tap on Settings, then General, then About. Find Version, and the number next to it is your iOS.

It doesn't look like you had ever synced your data to the site, correct? Without that, there isn't a way for us to retrieve it, but we may be able to give you instructions to recover it if we can't fix the app.

While we work through this, please do NOT delete the app, or you could permanently delete your data.

Emily
I use iOS 7.0.4 and I just updated the app today on February 6th, I have not yet deleted the app but it is still not function. I have never synced it unfortunately but please help me retrieve my data?!
We are hoping to release an update within the next week or so that fixes these crashes, assuming that is what is happening to your app. Once that happens, we can see if your data is restored. If it isn't, we can walk you through a couple of things to try.

Thanks,

Emily
I also have trouble with backuping the data. In my app, there is no 'Sync/Backup' option. I have just updated my app.