Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
ovulation tracker

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

ovulation tracker

Ok i been on here for a few months, and still trying to figure out my Ovulation tracker, I know it shows my days after I ovulate, and how long my cycle days are.  Yet it don't really give me a rough idea when I might ovulate next, even when I put in my periods dates.  I do use OPKs, but i m in a position I m not able to get anymore.  My last ovulation was 11 days later then a usual ovulation of two weeks like i AF Sept 8, and ovulated on Oct 3-4. I do have this feeling I might ovulate late again, but I m not for sure. So my question is, is there any way the tracker can help me find when is the best days, or even close to the days that are best for me to get pregnant?
Hi there -

It looks as if you are tracking your BBTs, and it doesn't seem as if you have ovulated. (I'm not an expert though, by any stretch.)  

Predicting your ovulation will be tricky now, as it seems that you aren't ovulating at the same time every month.  If you haven't ovulated since Oct 3-4, then you've had periods without ovulating.

One thing that may be confusing is that the app doesn't count Spotting as a cycle day.  In Oct., your first 3 days of bleeding are marked as spotting, and if you look at the CD, it doesn't count CD1 until you've marked flow as light.  

I don't know if that would change things for you, but if you were counting your days from the first day you spot, it might be conflicting with the tracker.

Perhaps a visit with your doctor would help.  It could have been a stressful time for you, or you had an illness that affected your cycles (even the flu can alter things a bit), but your doctor can help sort all this out.  

Emily
Thank you for responding so fast Emily.  I been tracking from when my period is heavier then spotting.  I know i had few days where i was spotting went to light, and back again to spotting. it was a weird period, We had hopes i was pregnant, and thats why my period was so light. Yet we aren't sure if I love the  baby early, or just something else.  Sadly, I can't see a dr until I go back to canada. Which be next next weekend. Going to give it try this weekend, and I hope i ovulate next week. Thank you again for your help :)