Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
recent activity

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

recent activity

dont know if this is possible...but it is a distraction

if someone has joined more than one community...their journal entries show up on all the communites.  not only does their journal entry show up...but everyone's comment to it shows up too.  why would someone on the hiv prevention forum want to see dozens of comments about maternal (whatever) showing up all day long?  the recent activity for that forum gets lost in the traffic.  

somehow it needs to stay within it's own forum's recent activity and not all across the board.
Great idea!  With all the hubbub yesterday, it was a mess.  

Its a distraction anyway.  There should be a way to hide it if you want.  
hey peekawho...long time no talk :)

i really dont want to hide it...i just want it to be forum specific.
Good idea. I posted a comment a journal entry from someone on the autism forum, and it showed up on the MS forum to which I also belong. I think it confused people on the MS forum.

Penn
I totally agree!  Sometimes our whole area is filled with notifications from people we have never heard of.  I am more than distracted by this.  I am annoyed by it.  I want info on what "my" friends are doing!

Do people only want what happens "between" members of the same forum to show?  I would like this.

Quix
This is a difficult problem to solve. On the one hand, we want to be able to help people discover content that they might be interested in. For example, if someone in the MS forum comments on a journal, you may also be interested in reading that journal. Maybe it somehow related to your health or maybe it's just an interesting journal. Or maybe the person writing the journal is reaching out and could use some support, regardless of which community they get it from.

On the other hand, we recognize that extremely popular (or controversial) journals can quickly overpower the community feeds and it's hard to see what else is going on.

We're brainstorming on ideas on how to make this work for everyone, so keep the suggestions coming.