Improve MedHelp Suggestions Community
still tearing my hair out over the search function ( or rahter disfunct...

This forum is to discuss ideas for new features and functionality - ways to improve MedHelp. This forum is NOT the place to ask Medical Questions or submit technical issues. If you have a Medical Question, please post it in the appropriate forum. If you have questions, please read our FAQs.

still tearing my hair out over the search function ( or rahter disfunction)

Okay, so someone again is talking about how long hep C stays alive outside the body. I remember seeing this subject here recently so I do a search.
The first one I click on is dated from 2003 ! Then one from 2007.
You really can't find anything without going nuts on the search function here.

This isn't new, I complained a year ago about it.
Members get frustrated, people leave and this problem goes on and on. Is there no way to improve it ???
Hi there -

I'm sorry you are so frustrated.  What would make it be more useful for you?  We are open to new suggestions, even if it seems that we aren't responsive to feedback.

Emily
It would help if the date came up with the post or if you could search by date.

To repeat. I do a search. The results do not show the date. I have to click on each one and often they may begin at 2003 ! or 2007.
Although some of the old posts may have valuable information, many are outdated, but that's off topic.

There really should be some way to see the date.
I vaguely recall years ago when they were archived by date. That was easier than the current system.
So a date filter?  You could search by date, or by relevance?  Currently, it's relevance.

Thanks!

Emily
Sure. Even if it were relevance and the date came up besides it, that would help.
But yes, I think something showing the date, or allowing you to choose might be good.