African Americans with IP
My daughter  was diagnosed with IP about 4 weeks after being born due to the discoloration of her skin.  My question, those of you that have IP, I'd like to know if the skin discoloration improves over time.  She's 10 now and very shy due the the skin discoloration and doesn't want to participate in activities because she hates the questions, looks and stares.  
Hi!
I can understand that your daughter must be feeling the impact of these discolorations. However, I am sorry to say that these discolorations usually do not go away. The hyper-pigmented streaks that she may be having now disappear by adolescence. Thereafter atrophic and hypo-pigmented lesions develop. So, normally there will some discoloration.
It is very important to build up her confidence, make her understand her disease, and work on her strengths, skills etc. Counseling may help to a great extent. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.