Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
Brown Spot on Penis Gland

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

Brown Spot on Penis Gland

4570092?1245197926
For the past 7 years or since I started puberty, i noticed a single brown spot appear on the right tip of my penis head. It almost looks like a birthmark or a freckle, but i'm not quite sure what it is. I have never had any sexual contact with another person whatsoever, so i'm pretty sure it isn't an STD.  The spot is round and about 1mm in diameter. It doesn't hurt, discharge pus, or raise above the skin like an ulcer. After doing some research on the internet, it seems almost like a fordyce spot, but i dont think it really is. It might just be some kind of pigmentation problem in the skin like vitiligo, but the only thing is that i don't have anything like it anywhere else on my body. I feel too embarrassed to seek medical attention or advice from anyone I know. Can anyone help me?
did you ever figure out what this was?
I have one like that too. I got more as i got older. I am curious to know what a medical professional would say we have.
I have the same problem. Don't worry. I went to the doctor and he told me is nothing. This is pretty commun. Anyway  you should go to a doctor.
I have the same too! Went the doctor and he explained it was just a birthmark , abit odd to have it in that place eh , mines more of a dark pink colour , I worry in-case people think I have some sort of STD when I'm having casual sex , do you struggle with that atall?
I don't know anyone else personally who has one , I even posteed a question on Yahoo asking if anybody else has got one , but I got no answers , I haven't even seen any adult film stars with it , whats your experience been with having it? Has anybody thought you have some sort of STD or have they just believed that oh it's a birthmark and not been put off atall ?  See it's slightly worrying me ! :/
I have the same problem, I have a small brown freckle on the tip of my penis, you can't really tell its there when it is erected but you can easily see it when its not. I went to several dermatologists and they told me that there is nothing wrong with it. However, I still feel the need to get it removed, they told me that they could remove it but that I might get a little scar, I dont really know whether i should do it or not but this has seriously affected my self-steem. I have been asked once whether it was a birth mark or a std.