Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
Contemplating Pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Contemplating Pregnancy

I have IP and my husband and I are contemplating having a child, but we're worried about the potential medical issues that may arise.  Does anyone have comments or suggestions?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
After 3 miscarriages we now have a healthy 3 year old boy.  It is very hard to deal with the pregnancy losses, but he is so worth it to us now.  My sister has the same disease and was not ever able to carry to full term, but there is hope.  Just take it one day at a time.  I am lifting you up in prayer right now.
Blank
Thank you for your response. i appreciate the input.  Congrats on your little boy.
Blank
I would suggest meeting with a genetic counselor.  They will be able to discuss all options and risks with you, from prenatal testing to pre-implantation genetic diagnosis with IVF.  After a miscarriage last year, I am currently pregnant with a healthy boy.  I have done tons of research on this, so don't hesitate to let me know if you have more detailed questions.  Good luck!  
Blank
talk to a genetics counselor first and if you are prepared to deal with the possible results....then I hope all the best for you
God Bless
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Incontinentia Pigmenti Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank