Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
Contemplating Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

Contemplating Pregnancy

I have IP and my husband and I are contemplating having a child, but we're worried about the potential medical issues that may arise.  Does anyone have comments or suggestions?
After 3 miscarriages we now have a healthy 3 year old boy.  It is very hard to deal with the pregnancy losses, but he is so worth it to us now.  My sister has the same disease and was not ever able to carry to full term, but there is hope.  Just take it one day at a time.  I am lifting you up in prayer right now.
Thank you for your response. i appreciate the input.  Congrats on your little boy.
I would suggest meeting with a genetic counselor.  They will be able to discuss all options and risks with you, from prenatal testing to pre-implantation genetic diagnosis with IVF.  After a miscarriage last year, I am currently pregnant with a healthy boy.  I have done tons of research on this, so don't hesitate to let me know if you have more detailed questions.  Good luck!  
talk to a genetics counselor first and if you are prepared to deal with the possible results....then I hope all the best for you
God Bless