Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
I have IP and I have a 4 year old healthy boy-

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

I was born with IP, mild blisters on my knuckles and streaks of discoloration on legs and arms.  I am currently in my 30s and I have to bring it to peoples attention if discussing it due to no obvious visualazation of it.  I had two miscarriages prior to my 4 year old and now I have had two more miscarriages since his birth.  Wasn't aware of my IP being a factor until this month with chromosome genetic testing.  My husband and I want to try for a little girl-but he seemed more devastated than I this last time.  I am concerned of giving birth to a girl with IP-and how severe her medical conditions would be...I was the first to be diagnosed with IP in my family.  1st miscarriage was at 8 weeks, 2nd miscarriage at 16 weeks-little boy then i had a healthy boy, 3rd miscarrage (miscarriage) at 7 weeks and 4th miscarriage at 12 weeks-liitle boy.