Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
IP and hypothyroidism in 16 year old. Any correlation?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IP and hypothyroidism in 16 year old. Any correlation?

My daughter stopped menstrating, for about 4 years now. Found that she is hypothyroid. Doctors we have seen do not know anything about IP and I think kind of afraid. One pediatric gynocologist sent us home with a subscription for expensive soy bars? Here in Nj. Any suggestions?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
171791_tn?1358217981
I am 45 and have hypothyroidism (graves disease).  My period are so irregular I never know when I will have one.  She need to go to a endocrine metabolism Dr. to see about this issue and you may have already done this.  There is a med I took to regulate my periods called norethindrone 5 mg.  As for th IP I dont know anything.  Im sorry but I hope she can try the other and get herself regulated.  They will explain how to take it
Blank
I have a daughter with IP and I don't believve that there is a correlation.  I would suggest finding out if she has PCOS.  Polocystic olvarian syndrome.  
Blank
My daughter is seven and was diagnosed with IP a week after her birth. After experiencing growth issues (she is only 37lbs) we switched pediatricians who through blood testing also discovered she has hypothyroidism. I have done some research on whether these two could be related . I know they are both x- linked disorders. Hypothyroidism is found in the x-chromosome in the FOX3P gene and IP is found in th NEMO gene of the x-chromosome. Im no sort of expert (but I have found when it comes to IP most DR's know less about it then I do) even though I have not found any direct research showing a correlation between the two they both are linked to a defect in the X chromosome. I am interested in the answer to this question as well. Please post if you find any answers.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Incontinentia Pigmenti Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...