Aa
A
A
Close
Is there anyone with IP who has giving brith to a boy
Hi My name is Michelle I was born in Canada and now live in London UK, I’m 27yrs I was diagnosed with IP at birth, I Have no sight in my left eye and I have squint I don’t have my full set of adult teeth my nails are always weak and at birth I also was born with a red rash with now look like stretch marks Our doctor in London told me that I could never have a boy I was only 10yrs, so it didn’t matter at the time
Now I’m getting married and would love to start a family, and I would love to have a boy, Is there anyone with IP who has had a boy? please let me know thank you very much
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Michelle,

My sister who has IP had a healthy son 2 years ago.  She did have 2 miscarriages before he was born (probably boys).  I don't believe it is very likely for a boy to survie but it can happen.  I, myself, have 2 sons, but I am the only one in my family that does not have IP.  
Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes, you can have a boy!  IP affects 50% of pregnancies, and of those, you would assume that 1/2 would be female and 1/2 would be male.  Those males would not survive.  50% would not be affected by IP, and again, 1/2 of those would be male, healthy males.  If you were to conceive naturally, you would have 25% of having a healthy boy, 25% chance of having a healthy girl, 25% chance of having a girl with IP, and a 25% chance of a boy with IP would most likely miscarry.  You can also do in vitro with genetic testing on the embryos to ensure a healthy baby.  Hope that helps!  I would recommend contacting a genetic counselor when you are ready to have children to help you understand your options and risks.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
hi my name is ariel, im 19 years old i was born with ip and i had a pretty well life with it when i was younger i had alot of the sympthoms but as ive gotten older the only thing is my nails and my teeth grew funky. i am currrently pregnant with a baby boy, im praying to god he is not born with it... i go to get a leavel 2 ultrasound that will tell me more about his genetics and maybe he wont be born with it as soon as i know more ill let you know ill pray for you as well
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have IP and had a perfectly healthy little boy-however I had two miscarriages prior to and have had two miscarriages since his birth.  2 of 4 I can say were realated 100% to having IP, the other two were too early to really determine
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Incontinentia Pigmenti Community Resources