Our son has IP
Our son was born with a rash on his leg, the doctors immediately diagnosed him with IP and took a biopsy and his blood for a DNA investigation. Now we know that he has XY and not XXY but they still investigate his blood for another mutations. In a meanwhile we have results of his biopsy which confirms the IP diagnose. I know it`s almost impossible for a boy to be born with IP. There is noone in our family who has IP and I never had miscarriages, we also have another son who is healthy. Also his rash is not going through all the stages, it`s just one day red and another day completely gone, then it comes back. Is it a normal behavior of the IP rash? The doctors say that if there is nothing strange found in his DNA then they can`t predicts the consequenses of IP for our son due to some unique genetic mutation.
I`m freaking out to know that it can cause neurological and other problems and even more that we don`t know what will be wrong. Would love to talk to anyone with the same diagnose who shares the same problems.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
What I also wanted to ask is if the amount of this rash proportional to health problems? I mean the more rash there is the more chance to have other disorders or can just few spots cause much problems as well?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Incontinentia Pigmenti Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank