Incontinentia Pigmenti Community
Seizure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to incontinentia pigmenti, genetics, and breast, dental, eye, hair, nail, nervous system and skin problems.

Seizure

Is there anything you can do in the middle of a seizure if you know that is what they are having.
I believe that you just have to let it happen, i dont think that you can stop it while it is happening.
Frequently seizures are treated with Phenol barbital.  However, I strongly suggest that you consult a Pediatric Neurologist.  Information about IP seizures can be gotten by logging on to the web site and printing the bibliography, or send me your email and I will send the bibliography to you as an attachment.  I will send out the articles selected at no charge.

Susanne Emmerich
Exec. Dir.
IPIF
***@****
do not attempt to hold the child down/ turn them on their side to keep airway open....do not put anything including your fingers in their mouth....they can and will bite them off.....if they are near something that is dangerous, clear the item away.....if this is a Grand Mal seizure....and you need assistance call 911, keep child on their side to keep air way open and notify neurologist asap...they may want to see child to evaluate med levels.....can also have absence seizures /petite mal and focal seizures.....follow with neurologist closely....child should be well controlled on meds and not having break thru seizure activity....if so their meds prob need adjusting or maybe they are getting sick....often when these little ones are coming down with something it can be just enough to trigger a seizure...still check with neurologist